Saturday 21 January 2012

Initial Steam and Land Alteration

I have worked further on the smoke (Exhaust) particle system. Implemented durational size and alpha change, all particles are initialized with random velocity and initial size.

 Train Test, better exhaust smoke.


I have started the implementation for a basic steam system.  Similar to the smoke exhaust, but I would like it to be more constant and voluminous.  I still have a lot to work on with this system, but this is a decent start.

In this video I am also using a basic land alteration technique, simple desaturating the land underneath the smoke over time to simulate the effect of pollutants such as fly ash and soot.

Video captured with hyper cam, fraps not working.
Untextured Model rendered with basic XNA model drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment